When it comes to miter saws, two models from DEWALT often stand out for professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike: the DWS779 and the DWS716. Both tools boast a range of features tailored to offer accuracy and power for cutting tasks, yet they have their own unique advantages. This comparison aims to shed light on the differences and similarities between the DWS779 and DWS716, helping potential buyers make an informed decision.
DEWALT DWS779 Overview
- Motor Power and Speed: The DWS779 features a powerful 15-amp motor with a no-load speed of 3,800 RPM.
- Cutting Capacity: With its 12-inch blade, the DWS779 can handle large and small cuts with ease.
- Integrated XPS Crosscut Positioning System: The XPS system provides accurate cut-line indication without the need for recalibration.
Pros and Cons
- High cutting capacity
- Excellent accuracy
- Powerful motor
- Lacks a dual-bevel feature
- Heavier than the DWS716
The DEWALT DWS779 is perfect for professionals and DIYers who require a high-capacity, accurate, and powerful miter saw for a variety of woodworking tasks.
DEWALT DWS716 Overview
- Motor Power and Speed: The DWS716 has a 15-amp motor with a no-load speed of 3,800 RPM, matching the DWS779’s performance.
- Cutting Capacity: This miter saw features a 12-inch blade, providing ample cutting capacity for various projects.
- Dual Bevel Capability: Unlike the DWS779, the DWS716 offers a dual bevel feature, making it more versatile for bevel cuts.
Pros and Cons
- Dual bevel capability
- Lightweight and portable
- Powerful motor
- Smaller cutting capacity compared to the DWS779
- No integrated XPS system
The DEWALT DWS716 is a great choice for DIYers and professionals who value portability and versatility in their miter saws, especially when working with bevel cuts.
DEWALT Rolling Miter Saw Stand
- Both models are compatible with the DEWALT Rolling Miter Saw Stand, which provides mobility and stability during operation.
- The DEWALT clamp is compatible with both miter saws, helping to secure workpieces for precise cuts.
DEWALT Miter Saw Crown Stops
- DEWALT Miter Saw Crown Stops can be used with both models to improve efficiency when cutting crown molding.
- The DWS779 boasts an integrated XPS system, providing consistent cut-line indication without recalibration.
- The DWS716, while lacking the XPS system, still offers good accuracy through its dual bevel feature.
- The DWS779 has a larger crosscut capacity, making it ideal for cutting larger workpieces.
- The DWS716 offers slightly less cutting capacity but is still sufficient for most woodworking tasks.
Bevel and Miter Angles
- Both models have similar miter angle ranges, but the DWS716 offers the advantage of a dual bevel feature, making it more versatile for bevel cuts.
- The DWS779 provides a stable and accurate cutting experience, making it ideal for heavy-duty tasks.
The DWS716 offers a more lightweight and portable design, which is beneficial for users who need to move their miter saw frequently.
Detailed Comparison and Difference Table
|Feature||DEWALT DWS779||DEWALT DWS716|
|Motor Power||15 amps||15 amps|
|Speed||3,800 RPM||3,800 RPM|
|Cutting Capacity||Larger||Slightly smaller|
|Bevel Capability||Single bevel||Dual bevel|
|XPS System||Integrated||Not available|
|Ideal Applications||High-capacity tasks||Versatile projects|
Pricing and Value
- The DWS779 is typically priced higher than the DWS716 due to its increased cutting capacity and integrated XPS system.
- The DWS716 offers a more budget-friendly option with its dual bevel capability and lightweight design.
- Both miter saws come with a 3-year limited warranty, 1-year free service, and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
- The best value depends on the user’s specific needs and preferences. The DWS779 offers superior cutting capacity and accuracy, while the DWS716 provides versatility and portability.
Durability and Build Quality
Materials and Construction
- Both the DWS779 and DWS716 are constructed with high-quality materials, ensuring durability and longevity.
- DEWALT is known for its reliable and well-built power tools, and both of these miter saws are no exception.
Weight and Portability
- The DWS779 is heavier than the DWS716, which can be a consideration for users who prioritize portability.
- The DWS716 is more lightweight and portable, making it easier to transport between job sites or storage.
- Both miter saws are built to last and withstand the demands of professional and DIY applications.
- Both models feature blade guards that protect the user from accidental contact with the blade during operation.
- The DWS779 and DWS716 are equipped with electric brakes, which help stop the blade quickly when the trigger is released, enhancing user safety.
- Both miter saws have effective dust collection systems to help maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Additional Safety Measures
- DEWALT has included additional safety features such as lock-off switches and spindle locks to ensure a safe operating experience.
- Professionals in the field often praise the DWS779 for its cutting capacity and accuracy.
- The DWS716 is lauded for its dual bevel feature and portability, making it a popular choice among contractors.
DIY Enthusiast Reviews
- DIYers appreciate the power and performance of the DWS779, as well as its integrated XPS system.
- The DWS716 is favored by DIY enthusiasts who require a versatile and portable miter saw for various projects.
Industry Awards and Recognition
- Both the DEWALT DWS779 and DWS716 have received accolades and recognition for their performance, quality, and value in the woodworking and power tool industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is The Dewalt Dws779 Or Dws716 More Suitable For Beginners?
Both miter saws are user-friendly and suitable for beginners, but the DWS716’s lightweight design and dual bevel feature may be more appealing for those just starting out.
Can I Use The Dewalt Dws779 For Crown Molding?
Yes, the DEWALT DWS779 is suitable for cutting crown molding, especially when paired with the DEWALT Miter Saw Crown Stops accessory.
How Do The Dust Collection Systems Compare Between The Two Models?
Both the DWS779 and DWS716 have effective dust collection systems, helping to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Are The Miter Saw Stands Compatible With Both Models?
Yes, the DEWALT Rolling Miter Saw Stand is compatible with both the DWS779 and DWS716 miter saws.
Ultimately, the choice between the DEWALT DWS779 and DWS716 depends on your specific needs, preferences, and budget. By considering the features, performance, and value of each model, you can make an informed decision and select the perfect miter saw for your projects.
Important Points and Keynotes
- The DEWALT DWS779 has a larger cutting capacity and an integrated XPS system for superior accuracy.
- The DEWALT DWS716 is more lightweight and portable, with a dual bevel feature for added versatility.
- Both miter saws have powerful 15-amp motors, durable construction, and effective safety features.
- Pricing, warranty, and overall value depend on the user’s specific needs and preferences.
- Additional accessories, such as the DEWALT Rolling Miter Saw Stand and DEWALT Miter Saw Crown Stops, can enhance the performance of both miter saws.