Last Updated on October 5, 2023 by mdmtool
Choosing the right miter saw is essential for any woodworking enthusiast or professional. In this article, I’ll be comparing two popular models: the DeWalt DWS715 and the DeWalt DWS713. I’ll cover their features, design, safety aspects, and much more to help you make an informed decision.
Comparison Table Between Dewalt Dws715 Vs Dws713
|Feature||DeWalt DWS715||DeWalt DWS713|
|Best for||Advanced woodworking tasks||Beginners and budget-conscious users|
|Optimal cutting capacity||2×8 inches (crosscut)||2×6 inches (crosscut)|
|Idle speed||4,000 RPM||5,000 RPM|
|Saw blade diameter||12 inches||10 inches|
|Weight||42.8 pounds||35 pounds|
|Dimensions||26.77 x 21.85 x 18.9 inches (approx.)||23.74 x 19.25 x 17 inches (approx.)|
|Power cord length||6 feet (approx.)||6 feet (approx.)|
|User rating||4.5/5 stars (based on user reviews)||4.4/5 stars (based on user reviews)|
Power and MotorDeWalt DWS715
- 15-amp motor
- 4,000 RPM no-load speed
- 15-amp motor
- 5,000 RPM no-load speed
- Crosscut capacity: 2×8 inches
- Max vertical capacity: 6.75 inches
- Crosscut capacity: 2×6 inches
- Max vertical capacity: 6.25 inches
Blade Size and Material
- 12-inch carbide-tipped blade
- 10-inch carbide-tipped blade
Miter and Bevel Angles
- Miter: 50° left and 60° right
- Bevel: 48° left and 48° right
- Miter: 50° left and 50° right
- Bevel: 45° left and 0° right
Pros and Cons
- Greater cutting capacity
- Dual bevel capability
- LED lights
- More expensive
- More affordable
- Lighter weight
- Faster no-load speed
- Smaller cutting capacity
- Single bevel only
Design and Build Quality
Both models feature a sturdy construction, with the DWS715 utilizing stainless steel and the DWS713 using cast aluminum for increased durability.
Portability and Weight
- Weight: 42.8 pounds
- Weight: 35 pounds
- Electric brakes
- Blade guards
- Lock-off switches
Ease of Use
Miter and Bevel Adjustments
Both models feature easy-to-use miter and bevel adjustment systems, with the DWS715 having a dual horizontal steel rail system and the DWS713 using a single horizontal rail.
Built-in LED Lights
Only the DeWalt DWS715 features built-in LED lights for improved visibility and accuracy.
Dust Collection Systems
Both models include efficient dust collection systems, with the DWS715 having a slightly larger dust bag capacity.
Pricing and Warranty
- Price: $$$
- Warranty: 3-year limited warranty
- Price: $$
- Warranty: 3-year limited warranty
Accessories and Add-ons
- DeWalt DWX726 Rolling Miter Saw Stand
- DeWalt DWX723 Heavy-Duty Miter Saw Stand
- DeWalt DW7028 Miter Saw Stand Extension
- DeWalt DW7029 Wide Miter Saw Stand Material Support
- DeWalt DW3128 12-Inch 80-Tooth Crosscutting Blade (for DWS715)
- DeWalt DW3106 10-Inch 60-Tooth Crosscutting Blade (for DWS713)
The DeWalt DWS715 and DWS713 have received mostly positive reviews from users, with the DWS715 being praised for its larger cutting capacity and dual bevel feature, while the DWS713 has been appreciated for its affordability and lighter weight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Either Model Suitable For Beginners?
Both models are suitable for beginners, with the DWS713 being slightly more beginner-friendly due to its lower price point and lighter weight.
Can Both Models Handle Large Crown Molding And Baseboards?
The DeWalt DWS715 is better suited for handling large crown molding and baseboards due to its larger cutting capacity and dual bevel feature.
What Is The Main Difference Between Dewalt Dws715 And Dws713?
The main difference between the two models is the cutting capacity and bevel capabilities. The DWS715 has a larger cutting capacity and dual bevel, while the DWS713 has a smaller cutting capacity and single bevel.
Are There Any Significant Differences In Noise Levels Between The Two Models?
There are no significant differences in noise levels between the DWS715 and DWS713.
Can Either Model Be Used With A Dado Blade Set?
Neither the DeWalt DWS715 nor the DWS713 is compatible with dado blade sets.
In conclusion, the DeWalt DWS715 and DWS713 are both excellent miter saws, each with their own set of advantages and disadvantages. If you require a larger cutting capacity, dual bevel, and LED lights, the DWS715 would be the better choice. However, if you prefer a more affordable and lightweight option, the DWS713 would be a great fit.
- The DeWalt DWS715 has a larger cutting capacity, dual bevel feature, and built-in LED lights, making it suitable for more advanced woodworking tasks.
- The DeWalt DWS713 is more affordable and lightweight, making it a great option for beginners and those on a budget.
- Both models have efficient dust collection systems and include safety features such as electric brakes, blade guards, and lock-off switches.
- DeWalt offers a range of compatible accessories, such as stands, extension wings, and replacement blades for both models.
- Both models are backed by a 3-year limited warranty, providing peace of mind for your purchase.